Sunday, July 22, 2012

Last Part

It was the night before my birthday and I had resign to the fact that I will have it here instead of in WA. State.  I  made up my mind to make the best of it, but why couldn't  I sleep and why were my legs restless?  I only  had an energy drink about 2pm and I didn't get any revelations that would cause an attack on my legs. So why?  I lay in bed,  hot and sticky. I took a cold shower  but still I couldnt sleep.  I said to myself, "Oh come on! Let me  sleep!" But it came late and only ended up with a  few hours instead of 8.
Saturday morning was the worst. How could I enjoy my birthday if I have no energy to enjoy it?  I opened my presents and of course I  knew what I was getting.  Disappointment set in when I thought I had to connect to a wifi. "No one told me I needed a wifi connection!"  However later I gave it a try and thanks to my sister who has a router and the help of a  friend, I finally have my kindle set up.  My sorrow turned to joy!
As for the rest of my day, still no energy as  we struggle to catch a bus.." I thought it ran at 9am and not 9:30 am!" We waited for one bus then another and it seemed we spent and hour and half to catch a  bus! Finally one arrived and we had a late breakfast. It all worked out. After we finished  shopping it was  time for a light lunch and so we ordered a double cheeseburger and some sweet tea at McDonald's while waiting for the bus.
 God knows what is best, but sometimes we don't seek him first. Oh how much  better our day would have been if we were more prepared, but we were all tired. You can not think  straight when you are. However God is good and we got home  an hour earlier than usual.
So even if I had to spend my birthday at home, it was good. I had over 100 friends wishing me a Happy birthday and sharing things on my wall. I just wish my local friends would have been more thoughtful, but that is okay.

1 comment: